Akregator - KDE UserBase
- A news feed reader for the KDE desktop. It automatically collects stories from RSS/Atom-enabled websites. It is part of the Kontact suite. Multilingual support is excellent with 12+ langugages available.
- A cross-platform, full-featured music player and one of the best music players available for Linux. Some of the cool features include integrated, live information from Wikipedia about the music (including photos, discographies and biographies of artists), Podcast support, and automatic playlist updates. It uses of core components from the KDE Desktop Environment, but is released independently of the central KDE release cycle. Also available in Chinese (simplified), French, German, Polish, and Spanish. Latest release is 2.4, 2011-01-15.
Calligra Suite | The Integrated Work Applications Suite
- A cross-platform, integrated work applications suite for the KDE desktop. It contains applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, databases, vector graphics and digital painting. This is a fork of the KOffice Project.
- An advanced digital photo management application for KDE. Latest stable release is 1.4.0, 2010-08-25.
Gambas - Gambas Almost Means Basic
- A graphical development environment based on a Basic interpreter with object extensions; has a KDE interface; also available in French.
- An image viewer for KDE; includes thumbnail (preview) image and full image capabilities.
- A jukebox and music manager for the KDE desktop.
- CD/DVD burning application for KDE. Latest stable release is 2.0, 2010-06-28.
- A KDE DVD backup tool (for KDE3 and KDE4). Latest stable release is 2.3.4, 2009-12-07 (for KDE4). Also available in French and Spanish.
KDE Accessibility Project
- The goal of this project is to ensure that the KDE desktop is accessible to all users, including those with disabilities; includes the KTTS project, the Text-to-Speech System.
KDE Desktop Environment - Forums
- A KDE forum site which complements the KDE UserBase website. The purpose of this site is for users, developers, and people interested in KDE to help each other, discuss KDE-related topics, and exchange ideas. A new "Brainstorm" section has been created to encourage users to post ideas for new features.
- A resource site for KDE development-related information including extensive documentation, sources, compiling KDE, tools, bindings, release schedule, and policies. This site is available in 20+ languages. This site supercedes KDE Developers' Corner.
KDE Usability Project
- An initiative to apply usability principles and practices to the K Desktop environment.
- A new (2008) end-user wiki for KDE and complements KDE TechBase, the wiki aimed at developers. It contain tips and tricks, links to where to get more help, as well as an application catalogue giving an overview of the different kinds of programs that KDE offers.
KDE Women Project
- Purpose is to build a community of female KDE contributors and users.
- A graphical text difference analyzer for up to 3 input files. It provides character-by-character analysis and a text merge tool with an integrated editor. It can also compare and merge directories. Internationalization is excellent with many translations available.
- A KDE suite of open source flight planning and analysis programs for gliders.
- A GPG front-end for KDE 3.x and 4.x. Excellent multilingual support.
KGuitar official Homepage
- KDE-based music tabulature editor with support of guitar, drums, classic note scores, MIDI synthesizer output, chord, scales, modes, melody and rhythm construction and analysis tools.
- A KDE Video player plugin for Konqueror using MPlayer or Xine.
KMail - KDE UserBase
- KMail is the email component of Kontact, the integrated personal information manager from KDE. Multilingual support is excellent with 12+ langugages available.
- A chat client for the MSN Messenger protocol -- for KDE 3.x.
- A MUD client for KDE. Latest stable release is 1.0, 2009-07-19, a KDE4-based version. Older releases are available for KDE 3.x versions.
- An iptables-based firewall configuration tool for KDE. Latest stable release is 1.1.1, 2008-01-30.
- Personal finance software for KDE. Latest stable release for KDE3 is 1.05, 2010-05-16. Latest stable release is 4.6.1, 2011-11-06.
KNode - KDE UserBase
- A Usenet news client for the KDE desktop and is a component of Kontact, an integrated personal information manager.
- A visual KDE client for UPS systems using NUT - Network UPS Tools. This application has been translated into 9 languages. The latest stable release for KDE4 (and KDE3) is 1.0.4, 2010-12-09.
- A pdf viewer based on xpdf for KDE. The latest stable version is 0.5.10, 2007-02-19 as part of KDE 3.5.9. N.B.: Okular for KDE 4 is the successor to KPDF.
KPSK -- PSK31 for KDE 3.x
- PSK31 digital radio communications application for use by licensed amateur radio operators and designed specifically for the KDE 3.x desktop environment.
- A KDE image database; formerly called KimDaBa. The most current release series (4.x - 2009) is for KDE4. The KDE3 source code is no longer supported.
KPilot Home Page
- Replacement for the Palm desktop software; connects and integrates a number of KDE 3.x applications (such as KOrganizer) with a Palm/Palm Pilot/Visor handheld computer.
KShowMail - the Human Spam Filter
- A POP3 mail checker for the KDE with these features: show number, size and more information about the mail messages on POP3 servers in a list view; show the mail headers or complete mail message, delete unwanted mail from the server by configurable filters. Latest stable release is 188.8.131.52, 2007-08-05.
- An image viewer for KDE; currently supports 39 image formats; available in English and Russian.
- A KDE front-end to the Stella Atari 2600 emulator.
- A BitTorrent program for KDE 3.3 and later versions. Latetst release is 4.0.1, 2010-06-14.
KTouch - Touch Typing Tutor
- A KDE3 and KDE4 desktop application for learning how to touch-type with speed and accuracy. It comes with lessons for many different keyboard layouts across many different languages and different levels of difficulty. Latest stable release is 1.6.0, 2007-06-27.
KVirc - The K-Visual-IRC Client
- A cross-platform, portable Internet Relay Chat client based on the Qt GUI toolkit. Also available in French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Latest stable release is 3.4.2, 2008-10-14.
Kid3 - ID3 Tagger
- An easy-to-use audio tag editor for KDE. Translations available in French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
- An application for interactive geometric construction, allowing students to draw and explore mathematical figures and concepts using the computer. Kig is part of the KDE 4 education module
Kile - an integrated LaTeX environment
- A user-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor for the KDE desktop environment. Latest stable release for KDE3 is 2.0.3, 2008-12-05; latest unstable release for KDE4 is 2.1, 2009-11-27.
- A KDE instant messenger; a flexible and extensible multi-protocol system suitable for personal and enterprise use.
Krecipes: Your Way to Cook with Tux!
- A KDE Recipe Tool based on a database backend (SQLite or MySQL);includes features such as configurable ingredients, shopping lists, daily recipe suggestions based on calories/diets.
NoteEdit - Musical Score Editor for Linux
- A music score editor for KDE. No more development is planned. Last stable release is 2.8.1, 2006-08-14. Most core developers have now moved to Canorus (https://canorus.berlios.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page).
- A universal document viewer based on KPDF for KDE 4. Latest stable release is 0.11, 2010-08-10. This is the successor to KPDF (for KDE 3).
Open Kiosk : Multi-Platform Kiosk Framework
- A multi-platform kiosk management system for public terminals and kiosks; ideally suited for libraries, cybercafes, and other locations requiring a controlled computer environment; has a KDE interface.
- The website for artists who create the KDE icons for KDE 4. Formerly called KDE-Artists.org
People Behind KDE
- Interviews with all the cool and creative people who work on KDE including programmers, artists, translators, publicity people, and everyone else who are part of the KDE the community. There is an interview archive dating back to 2000.
- A homebrewer's recipe calculator, which can be used to create and modify ale and lager recipes as well as calculate gravity, colour, and bitterness; includes a database of styles, grains, hops, and miscellaneous ingredients, plus a brewing tutorial. Latest stable release is 0.4.1, 2008-05-25.
Riverbank : PyKDE
- PyKDE3 and PyKDE4 are Python bindings for the KDE desktop environment.
Rosegarden music software for Linux
- A KDE-based audio and MIDI sequencer, score editor, and general-purpose music composition and editing environment for Linux. Multilingual support. Current stable release is 10.02, 2010-02-18.
- A KDE mindmapping tool for creating complex documents such as dissertations, thesis, presentations and reports. This application features several document generators. The current generators are pdf documents (based on LaTeX: article, book), pdf presentations (based on LaTeX: Beamer, Prosper), text processing files (ODF such as OpenOffice.org Writer, Impress or Koffice), plain text and internet documents (html). Latest release is 0.7.3, 2009-08-30. Formerly called kdissert.
- Tool to create interactive eye-candy on the KDE desktop.
- A collection manager for KDE 4. It is a versatile personal library system for a variety of mediums including books, music, videos, and even your wine collection! Latest release is 2.1.1, 2009-11-20.
The KDE Education Project
- Educational software for the K Desktop Environment. The primary focus is children from ages 3 to 18. Categories of software include: games, languages, mathematics, science, and teaching tools. Internationalization is excellent with translations into 65+ languages.
The KDE Edutainment Project - KStars
- A desktop planetarium for KDE. It provides an accurate graphical simulation of the night sky, from any location on Earth, at any date and time. The display includes ~100 million stars, 13,000 deep-sky objects, all 8 planets, the Sun and Moon, and thousands of comets and asteroids. Latest release is 1.5, 2009-01-29.
The KDE Games Center
- Games for the KDE 4x desktop. N.B.: all games for earlier versions have been removed.
The KOffice Project
- An integrated office suite for KDE; includes productivity applications (KWork, KSpread, KPresentor, Kexi), creativity applications (Kivio, Karbon 14, Krita), plus management and supporting applications.