- A GNOME front-end to the Valgrind memory checker. Latest release is 0.9.7, 2009-11-24.
Anjuta Integrated Development Environment
- A versatile Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for C and C++ on Linux. It has been written for GTK/GNOME and features a number of advanced programming facilities including project management, application wizards, an interactive debugger, and a source editor with source browsing and syntax highlighting. Latest stable release is 2.28.1, 2009-11-24.
- Cdrdao records audio or data CDRs/CDRWs in disk-at-once (DAO) mode based on a textual description of the CD contents (toc-file). A console- and Gnome-based application. Latest stable release is 1.2.3, 2009-10-05.
- An open source software library for creating fast, visually rich and animated graphical user interfaces.
- A full-featured GUI for IEEE1394, IIDC-compliant (aka DCAM) digital cameras. It includes camera control, video display, saving, FTP and V4L export. A GNOME desktop application. Latest release is 2.0.0, 2008-01-17.
Decibel Audio Player Homepage
- A GTK+, open source (GPL license) audio player (no added bells and whistles -- just an audio player) with a clean and user-friendly interface. It is especially targeted at Gnome and follows Gnome HIG (Human Interface Guidelines). Latest release is 1.03, 2010-01-10.
Desktop User Guide - GNOME Library
- This guide is a collection of documentation which details general use of the GNOME Desktop environment. Topics covered include sessions, panels, menus, file management, and preferences. Available in many different versions plus the nighly build version (the most current). Internationalization is excellent with many different translations.
Dia - a Drawing Program
- A gtk+- based diagram creation program for GNOME. Latest stable release is 0.97, 2009-05-03.
- A GNOME client for working with online journals, also known as weblogs or simply blogs. Latest stable release is 3.0.0, 2009-10-02.
- A version of the GNOME Desktop that has been tweaked for the Slackware distribution.
- A messaging program which supports text, voice, video chat, and file transfers over many different protocols. It is the default chat client in current versions of GNOME. Latest stable release is 126.96.36.199, 2010-10-04.
Evince - Simply a Document Viewer
- A document viewer for GNOME; currently supports pdf, postscript, djvu, tiff and dvi formats. Latest stable release is 2.30.3, 2010-06-25.
- An integrated mail, addressbook, and calendaring functionality for the GNOME desktop. Latest release is 2.28.2, 2009-12-13.
Eye of GNOME
- An image viewer for the GNOME desktop environment. Latest stable release is 2.28.1, 2009-10-20.
- A photo management system for GNOME. Latest release is 0.6.1.5, 2009-11-04. N.B.: This software is developed with the Mono API. Also note: a 2007 bug (#Bug 454082) - Import dialog modifies Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal of jpeg - is still not fixed.
File Roller Home Page
- Archive manager for GNOME. Internationalization is excellent with 10+ languages available. Latest stable release is 2.24.3, 2009-01-13.
Firestarter Linux Firewall
- Easy to use graphical tools for setting up, administrating and monitoring firewalls for Linux machines. It supports the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, and is translated into 38 languages. This is a GNOME application, but can be used on KDE and other desktop environments, servers and gateways. Latest stable release is 1.03, 2005-01-29. N.B.: There are still lots of daily downloads of this software at SourceForge.net.
- Bleeding edge GNOME distribution for testers and tweakers. Latest stable release is 2.24.0, 2008-09-24. N.B.: Not much happening since last stable release. Unstable release "coming real soon" (2009). Not much mailing list activity.
GNOME Bug Tracking System
- The place to submit bug reports for the GNOME desktop. The user can also search for reported bugs, browse the bug database, view the various reports relating to this site, and get help.
GNOME Documentation Library
- The central documentation site for the GNOME project. Includes documentation for users, system administrators and developers. Translated (or partially translated) into 50 languages.
GNOME Human Interface Guidelines
- The GNOME usability project; for interface designers, graphic artists and software developers who will be creating software for the GNOME desktop.
GNOME Library - Administrators
- It includes the "GNOME 2.14 Desktop System Administration Guide", the "Desktop Administrators' Guide to GNOME Lockdown and Preconfiguration", and the "Gnome Display Manager Reference Manual". Available in ~ 50 languages.
- The primary site for GNOME eyecandy (themes); wallpaper, themes/styles, X11 mouse themes, icon themes, splash screens, fonts, XMMS themes, system sounds and much more can be found on this site.
- Music education software for GNOME. Use it to train your rhythm, interval, scale and chord skills. Latest stable release is 3.14.10, 2009-12-17.
- GOK (GNOME On-screen Keyboard) enables users to control their computer without having to rely on a standard keyboard or mouse. Latest stable release is 2.29, 2009-11-15.
GPE: The GPE Palmtop Environment
- The GPE Palmtop Environment (GPE) is a collection of integrated software components optimized for (but not limited to) handheld and other-input constrained and resource-limited devices. GPE provides PIM (calendaring, to-do management, contact management and note taking), multimedia (audio playback and image viewing) and connectivity solutions (web browsing). For the GNOME desktop. Latest release is 2.8, 2007-08-07.
- A GNOME partition editor which includes a small, fast, Slackware-based live CD that syncs its releases with GParted. Latest release is 0.5.0, 2009-12-02.
GStreamer - Multimedia Framework
- A library that allows the construction of graphs of media-handling components, ranging from simple Ogg/Vorbis playback to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing. Latest stable release is 0.10.25, 2009-10-05.
GTK+ / Gnome Application Development - Online Book
- This book is about Gnome from a developer's point of view; it describes how to write a Gnome application using the Gnome libraries and tools. Published by New Riders. An Italian translation is available.
GTK+ and Glade3 GUI Programming Tutorial - Parts 1-3
- This three-part series on Glade 3 covers the following topics: Part 1 - designing a user interface using Glade 3; Part 2 - choosing a programming language for GTK+ development; and Part 3 - writing a basic program to implement the Glade file. Glade is a RAD tool to enable quick & easy development of user interfaces for the GTK+ toolkit and the GNOME desktop environment. (2008)
- A complete GNOME installation for Slackware Linux. Latest release is K - GNOME 2.24.3 for Slackware 12.2, 2009-04-01.
- A Gnome web browser based on Gecko, a Mozilla layout engine. Latest release is 2.9.7, 2008-09-27.
- A GNOME application that provides a graphical front-end to PostgreSQL database creation and maintenance. Latest release is 1.12, 2009-12-31.
GnoTime - The Gnome Time Tracker
- A project management tool for tracking the amount of time spent on projects; also can generate configurable invoices based on that time. Available in many languages. Latest release is 2.3.0, 2008-02-15.
- An advanced fractal generation program for GNOME. Latest stable release is 3.11, 2009-03-15.
- A set of perl bindings for Gtk+ 2.x and various related libraries.
- The official C++ interface for the GUI library GTK+. Latest stable release is 2.22.1, 2009-09-21.
- Gucharmap is the GNOME character map, based on the Unicode character database.
Guikachu - PalmOS resource editor
- A resource editor for PalmOS systems. It visually creates dialog boxes, menu bars and windows for your Palm application in the GNOME desktop environment. Latest stable release is 1.4.2, 2004-08-18; latest development release is 1.5.11, 2007-08-04.
- An XML C parser and toolkit developed for the Gnome project (but usable on other platforms).
Liferea (Linux Feed Reader)
- A news aggregator for GTK/GNOME; available in English, Finnish,French, German, Polish, and Romanian. Latest stable release is 1.6.2, 2010-01-21.
- A music management and audio player for GNOME. Some of the use ful features are: podcast management, browsing Shoutcast directory, direct access to lyrics, Last.fm, and wikipedia information. Latest release is 0.6.5, 2010-03-08.
Meld: Diff and Merge Tool
- A GNOME visual diff and merge tool, that works with several versioning systems, such as CVS, SVN and Mercurial. Latest release is 1.3, 2009-04-17.
- The file manager for the GNOME desktop.
- A GNOME standalone graphical debugger for C/C++ programs. Latest release is 0.7.3, 2009-12-07.
- An application and a set of libraries for ripping and encoding DVD into AVI or OGM files using a wide variety of codecs. Developed for GNOME2. Also available in French and German. Latest release is 0.2, 2009-12-25.
- A free, open source, and scriptable screen reader for people with visual impairments. It uses various combinations of speech, braille, and magnification to provide access to applications and toolkits that support the GNOME desktop. This application is the successor to Gnopernicus Assistive Technology. Also available in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. Latest release is 2.29, 2010-01-11.
- A Python-based RSS reader specifically designed for downloading and viewing podcasts and video blog entries. Latest stable release is 4.1.0, 2009-12-15.
- PiTiVi is a non-linear video editor for Linux. It is designed to be a simple video editor to meet the needs of users in the GNOME desktop environment. Latest stable release is 0.13.5, 2010-09-15.
Pidgin - IM Client
- A cross-platform, multi-protocol instant messaging (IM) client for GNOME. Excellent multilingual support -- 72+ languages available. Formerly called Gaim. Latest stable release is 2.6.5, 2010-01-08.
- A GNOME application to organize documents or references, and ultimately generate a BibTeX bibliography file. Designed specifically for scientists and researchers. Latest release is 1.1.6, 2009-08-02.
- An integrated music management application for GNOME; features include: comprehensive audio format support through GStreamer, Internet radio support, and playlists.
- Shotwell is an open source photo organizer designed for the GNOME desktop environment. It has a clean interface and easy-to-use tools. Latest stable release is 0.8.0, 2010-11-17.
- The official GNOME CD extraction utility. It can rip to WAV, MP3. OGG, and FLAC through the Cdparanoia library. This application also includes a simple built-in, preview CD player. Latest release is 2.28.1, 2009-11-25.
T.E.G. - Tenes Empanadas Graciela (Risk clone)
- A cross-platform clone of 'Plan Tactico y Estrategico de la Guerra', which is a pseudo-clone of Risk, a multi-player, turn-based strategy game with a GNOME interface. Also available in Catalan, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish. Latest release is 0.11.2, 2007-03-14.
The GNOME Accessibility Project
- A suite of software services and support in GNOME that allows people with disabilities to utilize all of the functionality of the GNOME user environment.
The GNOME Development Site
- The main GNOME developers' site. Iinformation about current GNOME projects, developer news, documentation, and how to get involved can be found here. Developer documentation is available in 50 languages.
- A desktop note-taking application for Linux. Latest stable release is 1.2.0, 2010-03-29. N.B.: This software is developed with the Mono API.
- The official movie player of the GNOME desktop environment based on Xine-lib or GStreamer. Latest release is 2.29, 2010-01-26.
Welcome to Gnumeric
- Spreadsheet software for the GNOME desktop. It has been translated into 46 languages, and is being used by people around the globe with the symbols and date/monetary conventions appropriate for their local setting. Latest stable release is 1.10, 2010-02-14.
Welcome to the GFAX project web site
- A GNOME fascimilie program. Latest version is 0.7.7, 2009-09-28. N.B.: There is no documentation. The developer states that documentation will be provided when he gets around to it (2009-09-28).
- A GNOME-based program that assists in the recovery and prevention of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI). Also runs on KDE. Latest release is 1.9.0, 2008-07-14.
- A Bible study application for GNOME. Latest release is 3.1.3, 2010-03-22. Formerly known as GnomeSword.