- This is a nifty equation editor for LaTeX, a document preparation system for high-quality typesetting used in publishing, especially in the technical and scientific fields.
- A simple, lightweight LaTeX editor for Linux written in Python and GTK.
Kile - an integrated LaTeX environment
- A user-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor for the KDE desktop environment. Latest stable release for KDE3 is 2.0.3, 2008-12-05; latest unstable release for KDE4 is 2.1, 2009-11-27.
LaTeX Project Homepage
- A document preparation system for high-quality typesetting used in publishing, especially in the technical and scientific fields.
LyX - The Document Processor
- A WYSIWYM (What You See is What You Mean) document processor that encourages an approach to writing based on the structure of documents, not their appearance. A GUI front-end to the TeX typesetting system. Available in many languages. Latest release is 2.0.0, 2011-05-08.
- A GNOME application to organize documents or references, and ultimately generate a BibTeX bibliography file. Designed specifically for scientists and researchers. Latest release is 1.1.6, 2009-08-02.
Screen Presentation Tools
- A handy reference guide to tools for creating screen or online presentations; each entry includes a brief description, examples, requirements, a link to the homepage, and copyright and license information. Most of the listed entries are LaTeX-based; office software not included.
- A cross-platform, free and open LaTeX editor, that integrates many tools needed to develop documents with LaTeX, in just one application. Also available in French. Latest release is 1.9.9, 2010-02-01.