- Cross-platform word processing software. Excellent multilingual support with 100+ languages available. Latest release is 2.8.1, 2009-10-29.
Bibus Bibliographic Database
- A cross-platform bibliographic and reference management software with foreign language support through Unicode and gettext. Available in Chinese, English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Calligra Suite | The Integrated Work Applications Suite
- A cross-platform, integrated work applications suite for the KDE desktop. It contains applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, databases, vector graphics and digital painting. This is a fork of the KOffice Project.
- A barcode and label printing application for KDE3x. Latest stable release is 2.0.7, 2008-05-25.
LibreOffice - The Document Foundation
- LibreOffice is the recently-created (2010-09) fork of OpenOffice. The Document Foundation is the over-arching organization by members of the OpenOffice.org community to manage and develop LibreOffice. The goal is to produce a vendor-independent office suite with ODF support and without any copyright assignment requirements.
- This document discusses the spreadsheet software that is available under Linux. Some of the information is a little dated, but this resource is still useful.
Native-Language Confederation (NLC) - OpenOffice
- The Native-Language Confederation (NLC) is composed of those projects working on all aspects related to the localization and support of OpenOffice.org, including localization, QA, support, documentation, and marketing.
Officeshots: Test ODF Compatibility
- This is a valuable, new online service where end users and professionals can compare the output of different office suites for their own documents. This initiative will also help those writing code for these applications, which will strengthen the overall ODF ecosystem. This service is also available in Chinese, Dutch, French, and Spanish.
Open Office Extras
- Downloadable add-on packages (third-party templates, macros, clip art images) to enhance OpenOffice.org's functionalities. Available in many languages.
- A multi-platform and multilingual office suite and an open source project. It is compatible with all other major office suites.
- Desktop publishing (DTP) program for Linux and will run also on MacOSX and most UNIX platforms. Internationalization is excellent with ~25 languages available. Latest stable release (first in 4 years): 1.4.0, 2012-01-01.
Siag Office - A Free Office Package for Unix
- A free office package which consists of the spreadsheet Siag, the word processor PW, the animation program Egon, the text editor XedPlus, the file manager Xfiler and the previewer Gvu. Excellent multilingual support -- available in 11 languages. Latest release is 3.6.1, 2006-11-10.
StorYBook - Summary-Based Software for Novelists and Authors.
- A free, summary-based, open source application for creative writers, novelists, and authors that helps maintain an overview of the different threads while writing a book, a novel or a story. Excellent internationalization with many translations available.
The Andrew Consortium
- An extensible compound document architecture which can create and combine just about anything, -- text, pictures, graphs, spreadsheets, and figures-- into a single document.
The KOffice Project
- An integrated office suite for KDE; includes productivity applications (KWork, KSpread, KPresentor, Kexi), creativity applications (Kivio, Karbon 14, Krita), plus management and supporting applications.
The gLabels Homepage
- A program for producing labels and business cards on the GNOME desktop. Internationalization is good -- ~10 languages available. Latest stable release is 2.2.7, 2010-03-02.
Welcome to Gnumeric
- Spreadsheet software for the GNOME desktop. It has been translated into 46 languages, and is being used by people around the globe with the symbols and date/monetary conventions appropriate for their local setting. Latest stable release is 1.10, 2010-02-14.
- A MSWord converter for Linux/UNIX. Latest release is 0.3.1, 2009-03-06.