GCstar - Personal Collections Manager
- A cross-platform application for managing and organizing collections including books, movies, music, and video games. The user can also define special collections as well. Site available in English and French. Latest stable release is 1.6.0, 2010-08-03.
- A Perl 5 library for reading, manipulating, outputting and converting bibliographic records in the MARC format. The MARC (Machine Readable Cataloguing) format is a ANSI/NISO Z39.2 standard which is used by libraries around the world to provide computerized access to their collections. This project was formerly known as MARC.pm.
- An open source metadata harvesting and searching service, with a publicly available web interface that will offer access to multiple universities' locally maintained resources and archives.
- Customizable interface software (GPLed) to collections of Internet resources (a portal) primarily designed for libraries. Site contains detailed information on the service, installation, links and a download area. A digital library framework and toolbox.
Open-ILS.org - Home of the Evergreen ILS
- An open source, enterprise-class, integrated library system for deployment in large public libraries and consortium environments with millions of records and hundreds of libraries. KOHA and now Evergreen are the beginning of the end for the old, proprietary automated library systems -- and about time, too!
Secure Managed Desktops | Userful
- A Calgary (Alberta, Canada)-based company specializing in low-cost turnkey solutions for public access terminals using Linux; for libraries, internet cafes and onsite events.
- A collection manager for KDE 4. It is a versatile personal library system for a variety of mediums including books, music, videos, and even your wine collection! Latest release is 2.1.1, 2009-11-20.
The iVia: High Octane Software for Internet Portal and Virtual Library Creation and Management
- This site hosts a variety of library software (all GPLed) including: iVia, a complete portal or virtual library software package; DataFountains, a tool for discovering and describing Internet resources through the use of three distinct Crawlers: Expert Guided Crawler, Targeted Link Crawler, and the Nalanda iVia Focused Crawler; Nalanda iVia FocusedCrawler (NIFC), a Focused Web Crawler designed to find Web resources with the same topic as a seed set of known resources plus many other software applications.
Virtual Data Center: HomePage
- An open source, digital library system for the management, dissemination, exchange, and citation of virtual collections of quantitative data.