FreeMED Software Foundation
- A non-profit foundation for the promotion, development, and acceptance of open source medical software; software available for download: FreeMED (electronic medical record and practice management system) and ReMITT (electronic medical billing).
- An open source, internal case management/information system for Child Caring Agencies/Youth in Residential Care (YiRC) agencies.
- Open source software package for paperless medical practice. Latest release is 0.72, 2010-05-05.
Medical - The Universal Hospital and Health Information System
- This is an open source (licensed under GPLv3), multi-user, scalable, centralized Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Hospital Information System for openERP. Excellent for use in developing countries as well. Also available in French, German, Indonesian (Bahasa), Portuguese, and Serbian. Latest release is 0.0.46, 2009-10-13.
Medical Free/Libre and Open Source Software
- A searchable database of Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects in health care and medicine. It offers an open content platform to foster the exchange of ideas, knowledge, and experiences about these projects.
NUT Nutrition Software
- Dietary nutrition analysis software which records what you eat and analyzes your meals for nutrient composition. The database included is the latest USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture) Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.
- An open source electronic medical record system; features include: appointment scheduling, patient registration,payment applications, charting & record keeping, prescription writing, and lab tracking.
- A community-developed, open-source, enterprise electronic medical record system framework. This software has already been deployed in many African countries.