- The general information site for GRUB, a multiboot loader. The new GRUB2 manual (and other links to more documentation) can be found under the Documentation link on the first page. (2010)
GNU GRUB 2 Debugging HOWTO
- This document covers both debugging over a serial line and debugging using an emulator, such as QEMU or Bochs. (2008)
GNU GRUB Wiki
- A great resource site and collaboration tool for GNU GRUB use and development. It contains a lot of information on GRUB 2, the latest version of GRUB. Also available in Chinese (Simplified), French, and Russian.
Grub 2 Basics
- Useful documentation on the GRUB 2 basics. It targets users who are familiar with basic editing of the original Grub (Grub Legacy) menu and want to know how it carries over to Grub 2. This document is written for Ubuntu users, but the information can be used with other distributions. (2010)
IBM developerWorks Article - "Migrate to GRUB 2"
- This an excellent article on transitioning to the GRUB 2 boot loader. It includes details of its new capabilities and how to use it. Also available in Korean, Japanese, and Portuguese. (2010)
SYSLINUX - The Easy-to-use Linux Bootloader
- This project covers lightweight bootloaders for floppy media (SYSLINUX), network booting (PXELINUX), and bootable "El Torito" CD-ROMs (ISOLINUX). Latest release is 3.72, 2008-09-25.
- A splash screen program for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems. N.B. This project supercedes the Bootsplash project. It runs completely in userspace, and therefore doesn't require any patches to the OS kernel. Latest release is 0.3.13, 2008-12-24.
Super Grub Disk Webpage
- A handy tool and resource site for GRUB, the primary boot loader used in all the mainstream Linux distributions. This site is useful for both new and seasoned Linux users.