CC65 - A C compiler for 6502-Based Systems
- A complete cross development package for 65(C)02 systems, including a powerful macro assembler, a C compiler, linker, librarian and several other tools. Latest major release 2.12.0, 2008-04-22. N.B. Binary-only downloads.
- A cross-platform build system; it controls the software compilation process using simple platform and compiler-independent configuration files.
- A tool for constructing files; a replacement for the traditional make tool. Latest release is 2.31, 2008-02-12.
Expect Home Page
- A tool for automating interactive applications such as telnet, ftp, passwd, fsck, rlogin, tip.
- A software development collaboration tool. This tool automatically compares what software actually does to what it should do. Latest release is v20100303, 2010-03-03.
Free Pascal - Home Page
- A cross-platform 32-bit pascal compiler. Latest stable release for linus is 2.2.4, 2009-04-12.
- G95 is a free, open source, and stable, production Fortran 95 compiler available for multiple CPU architectures and operating systems.
GCC Home Page
- The GNU Compiler Collection, which currently contains front-ends for C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran, Java, and Ada. Latest stable release is 4.6.0, 2011-03-25.
GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool Book
- An expert, nuts-and-bolts guide to using these utilities effectively; site has a browsable online version and related links. This book was published in 2000, but it is one of the best sources for information on these programming development tools. Parts of this book were updated in 2006.
- Provides an object-oriented application development framework and tool set for use on a wide variety of computer platforms.
- A platform for testing, developing, documenting, and translating GNOME.
Harbour Project - xBase language compiler
- A free, cross-platform software compiler for the xBase superset language often referred to as Clipper (the language that is implemented by the compiler CA-Clipper). Latest stable release is 2.0.0, 2009-12-23.
JCR - Java Code Reviewer
- A web-based tool for performing and managing code reviews. It can be used for code in any language, but provides some extra features for Java.
- A resource site for KDE development-related information including extensive documentation, sources, compiling KDE, tools, bindings, release schedule, and policies. This site is available in 20+ languages. This site supercedes KDE Developers' Corner.
- A "Minimalist GNU for Windows", is a minimalist development environment for native Microsoft Windows applications. It provides a complete Open Source programming tool set which is suitable for the development of native MS-Windows applications, and which do not depend on any 3rd-party C-Runtime DLLs
- The mingw-w64 project is a complete runtime environment for gcc to support binaries native to Windows 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.
Ming - an SWF Output Library and PHP Module
- A C library for generating SWF ("Flash") format movies, plus a set of wrappers for using the library from C++ and popular scripting languages like PHP, Perl, Python, and Ruby. Latest release is 0.40, 2008-07-05.
- A cross-platform helper tool used when compiling applications and libraries.
- A collection of shared Makefiles which are installed globally, and Makefile templates that can be copied into project directories using a simple script.
- A Web-based application that helps reviewers examine software code, while making it easier for a developer to track those reviews. Latest stable release is 1.07, 2010-04-19.
SCons: a Software Construction tool
- A cross-platform build tool. It is substitute for the classic Make utility, and has integrated functionality similar to autoconf/automake and compiler caches such as ccache.
SDCC - Small Device C Compiler
- An open source retargettable, optimizing ANSI - C compiler that targets the Intel 8051, Maxim 80DS390, Zilog Z80 and the Motorola 68HC08 based MCUs. Latest release is 2.8.0, 2008-03-30.
SWIG - Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator
- A software development tool that reads C/C++ header files and generates wrapper code to make C/C++ code accessible from other languages including Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, PHP, Java, Ocaml, Lua, C#, Modula-3, R, Octave and Scheme & Lisp variants. Latest stable release is 1.3.37, 2009-01-15. Website also available in Chinese.
Smarty Template Engine
- This software is a template/presentation framework which provides the programmer and template designer with a wealth of tools to automate tasks commonly dealt with at the presentation layer of an application. It is particularly useful for creating multilingual websites.
The GNOME Development Site
- The main GNOME developers' site. Iinformation about current GNOME projects, developer news, documentation, and how to get involved can be found here. Developer documentation is available in 50 languages.
The GNU C Library Manual
- The GNU C library defines all of the library functions that are specified by the ISO C standard, as well as additional features specific to POSIX and other derivatives of the Unix operating system, and extensions specific to the GNU system.
The Quetzalcoatl C/UP Compiler
- A cross-compiler for 6502 processors. It can compile and link programs written in a subset of ANSI C, Assembler, the 1983 UPL language or any combination thereof. It is suitable for producing programs for the Commodore VIC-20 and Commodore 64. Latest release (GPL'd) is 2.1.0, 2006-10-09.
The Sed $Home
- A documentation site for SED. Included are: downloads, documentation, books, scripts, games, tools, and mailing lists. N.B. Some links no longer work.