Building an Asterisk@Home Test Lab
- Links to a three-part series on setting up a small production Asterisk iPBX on the cheap. Aimed at Linux and telephony noobs. (2006) Information in these three articles is still relevant today. (2008)
Ekiga - Free Your Speech
- A GPLed SIP and H.323-compatible VoIP, IP telephony, and video conferencing application; formerly called GnomeMeeting. Latest stable release is 3.2.4, 2009-05-20.
Free Telephony Project
- The goal of this project is to provide free hardware designs for telephone systems. Both the hardware and software are free and open.
GNU Bayonne - Telephony Server of the GNU Project
- GNU Bayonne offers free, scalable, media independent software environment for development and deployment of telephony solutions for use with current and next generation telephone networks. Latest release of Bayonne 2 is 2.3.3, 2008-08-13.
GNU Gatekeeper - OpenH323 Gatekeeper
- A full-featured H.323 gatekeeper, available freely under GPL license. It forms the basis for a free IP telephony system (VOIP). Multilingual documentation available. Latest release is 2.2.7, 2008-04-02.
- An Internet phone application for Linux. Latest version is 1.2, 2008-11-22.
Kiax - an IAX Softphone
- A software phone (soft phone, VoIP client) with a simple and comfortable user interface for making VoIP calls to Asterisk PBX. Internationalization is excellent -- available in 10+ languages. Latest release (beta) is 2.1, 2009-01-13.
- An internet phone or Voice Over IP phone (VoIP). Latest stable release is 3.0.0, 2008-10-12. Site also available French.
- An open source software platform designed to allow a computer to act as a home theater PC (HTPC), personal video recorder, full-featured VOIP-compatible phone system, and a home automation system.
Network Caller ID (NCID)
- A cross-platform client/server network caller ID package, which features include support for multiple clients and caller ID systems, name and number aliasing, call logging, and a TiVo client. Latest stable release is 0.72, 2008-12-24.
- A GPL-licensed, cross-platform telephony software. Previously known as WengoPhone.
- A cross-platform Internet telephony (Voice Chat) application; latest version: 7.6a, 2004.
- An Asterisk-based BPX phone system for small-to-medium size businesses. Current stable release is 2.6.2, 2008-12-26. Formerly called Asterisk@Home.
- A telephony application for voice over IP communcations using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). Latest stable release is 1.4.2, 2009-02-25.
- A reference/resource guide for VoIP (Voice over IP) networks including software, hardware, service providers, reviews, configurations, standards, tips & tricks and everything else related to VoIP networks, IP and Internet telephony.
VoIP-4D Primer - Online Book
- This guide, geared to both technical and non-technical readers, deals with building voice infrastructure. The examples in this guide provide essential background for building low-cost telephony systems. Available for download [1.8 MB] in Arabic, English, French, and Spanish. (2006)
Yate - Yet Another Telephony Engine
- An extensible telephony engine for VoIP and PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network); voice, video, data and instant messaging can all be unified under this flexible routing engine. Latest release is 2.0.0, 2008-08-04.