- An 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys-cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. Latest release is 1.1, 2010-04-24.
- An open source software access controller, based on the popular (but now defunct) ChilliSpot project, and is actively maintained by an original ChilliSpot contributor. CoovaChilli is an integral part of the CoovaAP OpenWRT-based firmware which is specialized for hotspots.
- Developers of wireless LAN and WLAN software for Linux. Website also available in Japanese.
- A Linux distribution for embedded systems. It is an appliance development kit (ADK) especially designed for embedded system developers and advanced users
Linux & Wireless LANs
- Site includes "The Linux Wireless LAN Howto" and extensive list of LAN resources - LAN drivers, wireless Linux software, security software, other wireless howtos and help sites, public wireless Linux networks, hardware, and general Linux links.
- An information site for wireless networking on Linux.
Linux Wireless LAN Support
- This is a searchable directory of wireless devices with information about the chipset they are based on and whether or not they are supported in Linux. (2010)
- An implementation of the IrDA(TM) (industry standard for infrared wireless communication) standards specifications for the Linux kernel.
- A Linux kernel device driver for Wireless LAN chipsets from Atheros.
- Practical, easy-to-understand help for small network builders; extensive troubleshooting information, tips on getting special applications to work through firewalls, and product reviews on hardware routers, hubs/switches, wireless and HomePNA LAN products.
Welcome to the rt2x00 Project
- This project is a development effort to provide free, stable and feature-rich Linux drivers for wireless 802.11b/g/i cards based on the following Ralink chipsets: rt2400, rt2500, rt2570, rt61 and rt73.
WiMAX Drivers for Linux
- WiMAX is the next-generation broadband wireless technology, based on IEEE 802.16e standards. The software is separated into two components: the basic kernel module driver and user space management stack, WIMAX Network Service. The WiMAX stack is now included in the kernel mainline from the 2.6.29 release onwards.
Wireless Networking in the Developing World - Online Book
- A practical guide to planning and building inexpensive telecommunications infrastructure; particularly suitable for people who have little or no Internet access. Available in PDF format only. Site has a wiki and mailing list. (2nd edition, 2007)