BIOS Implementation Test Suite
- The Intel BIOS Implementation Test Suite (BITS) provides a bootable pre-OS environment for testing BIOSes and in particular their initialization of Intel processors, hardware, and technologies.
- A universal flash programming utility used to detect, read, erase, or write BIOS chips (DIP, PLCC, SPI). It can be used to flash firmware images such as BIOS or coreboot. Latest stable release is 0.9.1, 2009-09-02.
Linux-Ready Firmware Developer Kit
- A tool to test how well Linux works together with the firmware (BIOS) on PCs. This toolkit is primarily aimed at firmware developers.
- Development of a free BIOS on all common platforms and embedded systems. Latest release is 1.0, 2009-03-01.
Welcome to coreboot
- A Free Software project aimed at replacing the proprietary BIOS (firmware) you can find in most of today's computers. It performs just a little bit of hardware initialization and then executes a so-called payload. The project currently supports ~206 motherboards (2009). Formerly known as LinuxBIOS.