- Provides enhanced drivers for many ATI videocards (in particular All-in-Wonder series) and a TV player/recorder application AVview.
GNU Radio - GNU FSF Project
- A collection of software (combined with minimal hardware), allows the construction of radios where the actual waveforms transmitted and received are defined by software. Latest major feature release is 3.2, 2009-05-23.
Ham Radio Control Libraries (Hamlib)
- The purpose of this project is to develop flexible and portable shared libraries that offer a standardised API to control any radio-oriented equipment through a computer interface. Latest release is 1.2.10, 2009-11-02.
LinRadio - PC radio for Linux
- An initiative of WiNRADiO Communications, to provide a free forum for Linux users interested in PC-based radio. All software on this site is GPLed and available for download.
- A platform for the development of open source software for digital television (DVB, DTV) receivers, Linux DVD players and tools to stream audio and video to the Internet.
RivaTV project: Nvidia Video-in for Linux
- Driver support for Nvidia based graphics cards with video-in feature and some of the video capture chips that come on such cards; the driver also activates tuner and audio support provided by the V4L project.
- A set of programs to process TV (tvguide) listings, manage TV viewing, and storing listings in an XML format. In addition, there are backends to download TV listings for many countries, filter programs and Perl libraries to process listings. Latest stable release is 0.5.55, 2009-03-17.
- Software to watch, record, and stream TV which supports the bttv, bktr, and dvb APIs.