- A small ANSI C/POSIX program that sends and receives faxes using any fax modem (Class 1, 2 or 2.0). Latest stable release is 1.0.1b, 2002-04-06. N.B.: This application is still being used and downloaded.
- A GUI front-end for the efax fax program. Latest release is 3.2.6, 2010-11-03.
Mgetty + Sendfax Documentation Centre
- A wealth of information about mgetty+sendfax (a reliable fax send & receive software for Linux) can be found here. Includes documentation, mailing list and archive, contributed software, and links to other sites.
SANE - Scanner Access Now Easy
- An application programming interface (API) that provides standardized access to any raster image scanner hardware (flatbed scanner, hand-held scanner, video- and still-cameras, frame-grabbers, etc.). Check the supported devices link to find out if your scanner is supported by SANE.
Tesseract-OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- An open source (Apache license) optical character recognition (OCR) engine originally developed by Hewlett-Packard between 1985 and 1995 and now being actively developed by Google. It is considered one of the most accurate free software OCR engines currently available. Latest stable release is 3.00, 2010-09-30.
Welcome to HylaFAX(tm)
- An enterprise-class system for sending and receiving facsimiles as well as for sending alpha-numeric pages. Latest stable release is 6.0.2, 2009-05-29.
Welcome to the GFAX project web site
- A GNOME fascimilie program. Latest version is 0.7.7, 2009-09-28. N.B.: There is no documentation. The developer states that documentation will be provided when he gets around to it (2009-09-28).
- A graphical scanning front-end that uses the SANE-library to talk to scanners.