- Tool for synchronizing PalmOS devices with UNIX workstations.
GPE: The GPE Palmtop Environment
- The GPE Palmtop Environment (GPE) is a collection of integrated software components optimized for (but not limited to) handheld and other input-constrained and resource- limited devices. GPE provides PIM (calendaring, to-do management, contact management and note taking), multimedia (audio playback and image viewing) and connectivity solutions (web browsing). For the GNOME desktop. Latest release is 2.8, 2007-08-07.
- An online store specializing on open, small, handheld Linux devices.
Handhelds.org - Open Source Operating Systems for Handheld Devices
- A portal for open source, Linux-based, software for small embedded devices, mostly PDAs. N.B.: In 2006 there was a dispute involving two projects on this site: GPE Palmtop Environment (GPE) and the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment (Opie), which resulted in a new website starting up called Linux-to-Go (http://www.linuxtogo.org/).
- Desktop Organizer Software for the Palm Pilot.
KPilot Home Page
- Replacement for the Palm desktop software; connects and integrates a number of KDE 3.x applications (such as KOrganizer) with a Palm/Palm Pilot/Visor handheld computer.
- An extensible perl-tk-based tool for synchronizing databases on a PalmOS-based PDA with a Linux/UNIX desktop. Latest stable release is 1.109, 2006-05-07.
- Synchronizes Ical calendars and Palm devices; latest stable version is 0.8.9, 2003.
The Angstrom Distribution | Embedded Power
- A user-friendly distribution for a variety of embedded devices such as handhelds,set-top boxes and network-attached storage devices. This project continues the OpenEmbedded, OpenZaurus, and OpenSimpad projects.
The Familiar Project
- Development of a full-featured Linux distribution for the Compaq iPAQ series of handheld computers, as well as apps to run on top of the distribution.
TuxMobil: Linux with Laptops, Notebooks, PDAs, Mobile Phones and Portable Computers
- One of the best Linux sites for information on mobile computers. It includes FAQs, HOWTOs, hardware and software information for laptops, notebooks, touchscreen laptops and notebooks, PDAs, mobile phones, touchpad drivers, portable music and video players, eBooks, GPS navigation devices, wearables and other portable computer gadgets.