PCB - Printed Circuit Board Layout Tool
- An interactive printed circuit board editor for the X11 window system. It can produce industry standard RS-274-X and Excellon NC-Drill format output for submission to board manufacturers. Latest stable release on 2008-02-02.
- A scriptable, open source, easy-to-use CAD (Computer Aided Design) Linux application written in Python. This software is updated several times per year.
- The QCad community edition is a simple open source 2D CAD application that works well for architectural plans. Available in many languages. N.B.: The community edition is GPLed, but is not the most recent release, which costs ~$33.00 for a single user.
- A cross-platform sail plotting package for designing and developing boat sails into flat panels.
Static Free Software
- Electric VLSI Design System is an open source Electronic Design Automation (EDA) system that can handle many forms of circuit design. Latest release is 8.09, 2009-06-24.
- A UNIX/X11 circuit drawing application with schematic capture. Latest stable release is 3.6.165, 2010-02-05.