Blender Artists Forums
- A forum and information site for Blender. Forum topics include: general topics, artwork, support, and contests.
Blender Basics - Online Book
- This free, online book presents an introduction and a set of step-by-step lessons for working with Blender. There is a Russian edition available as well. (3rd edition, 2009)
- A cross-platform 3D software suite which includes modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. Click on the Education & Help link at the top of the page for all Blender-related documentation, support forums & chat, demo files, and certified trainers. Latest stable release is 2.49b, 2009-09-03.
- The primary site for Blender (a graphics animation and video production program) documentation. Contains user and developer documentation, as well as Blender Wiki writer's documentation. Internationalization is excellent - translated into 25 languages.
- The central news site for Blender, the free, open source 3D graphics creation suite. This site also has a nice selection of tutorials.
- A C++ library to manipulate and create NURBS (Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines) curves and surfaces. It also features vector, matrix, and OpenGL support classes. Latest stable release is 3.0.11, 2002-05-24. N.B.: This project still has lots of downloads despite the last release date in 2002 (SourceForge statistics from early 2012).
OpenRM Scene Graph
- A cross-platform 2D/3D Scene Graph rendering engine layered atop OpenGL.
POV-Ray - the Persistence of Vision Raytracer
- A cross-platform, high-quality tool for creating stunning three-dimensional graphics. Latest release for Linux is 3.6.1, 2004-08-02. N.B.: Linux is a second-class citizen here with the latest Windows version, 3.6.2, released in 2009. There is a beta release for Linux -- 3.7, available.
Python 3D Software
- A collection of 3D Python software with descriptions, license information, subject category and links.
Sweet Home 3D
- A cross-platform interior design application for quickly choosing and placing furniture on a house 2D plan drawn by the end-user, with a final 3D preview. Multilingual support is excellent with 10+ languages available.
Tutorials for Blender 3D
- Tutorials and documentation for Blender 3D and the Blender 3D Game Engine. Also includes game demos, textures, and models.
- The Visualization ToolKit (VTK) is an open source, cross-platform software system for 3D computer graphics, image processing, and visualization. Latest release is 5.4.2, 2009-06-03.
- A 3D audio visualization tool for the X Window System. Latest release is 1.9.9, 2008-02-02.
- A Python-based program for generating, transforming, and manipulating large geometrical models of 3D structures by sequences of mathematical operations. Latest release is 0.8.3, 2010-12-05.