Atari800 Emulation Page
- A freely distributable portable emulator which emulates an Atari 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 emulator for Unix, Amiga, MS-DOS, Atari TT/Falcon, SDL and WinCE. Latest release is 2.1.0, 2009-03-30.
- A portable, cross-platform, open source IA-32 (x86) PC emulator. Latest stable release is 2.4.5, 2010-04-25.
- Cross-platform planetarium and space simulation software with a database of 100,000+ stars, and a catalogue of more than 100 objects in the solar system. Latest release is 1.6.0, 2009-07-09.
- A graphical management tool for virtual machine life cycle management. It manages both Xen and KVM from a single interface.
DOSBox, an x86 Emulator With DOS
- DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, modem, etc., necessary for running many old DOS games and other DOS applications that cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems. Latest release is 0.72, 2007-08-27.
DOSEMU Main Page
- A Linux DOS emulation application that enables Linux to boot any DOS and run DOS programs - including DPMI applications. Latest stable release is 1.4.0, 2007-05-05.
Flight Gear Flight Simulator
- An open source, multi-platform flight simulator. The goal of this project is to create a sophisticated flight simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, for the development and pursuit of other interesting flight simulation ideas, and as an end-user application. Website also available in French, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish.
JONGL: The Juggling Simulator
- A cross-platform juggling simulator which demonstrates most of the juggling patterns you can think of (and even more...). Watch up to 20 jugglers throwing up to 100 objects. Supports 5 human languages (English, German, French, Spanish and Catalan).
- A KDE front-end to the Stella Atari 2600 emulator.
KVM: Kernel-based Virtual Machine for Linux
- A full virtualization solution for Linux on x86 hardware. It consists of a loadable kernel module (kvm.ko) and a userspace component. KVM is included in the mainline linux kernel since 2.6.20 and is stable and fast for most workloads.
- One of the best multilingual terminal emulators.
- OpenLina enables developers and independent software vendors to build Linux applications that run on all operating systems.
Open Virtual Machine Tools
- A cross-platform, open source implementation of VMware tools. This is a set of guest operating system virtualization components that enhance performance and user experience of virtual machines.
- A virtual machine designed to efficiently compile and execute bytecode for dynamic languages. It uses just-in-time compilation for speed to reduce the interpretation overhead. Parrot is not about parrots, though the developers are rather fond of them for obvious reasons. :-) Latest stable release is 3.6.0, 2011-07-19.
Stellarium Astronomy Software
- A cross-platform desktop planetarium, which renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real time with OpenGL; its ease-of-use is a big advantage. Latest release is 0.10.2, 2009-03-09.
TKGate - Event driven digital circuit simulator
- An event-driven digital circuit simulator with a tcl/tk-based graphical editor and a multilingual interface (Catalan, English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Welsh). Latest release is 1.8.7, 2007-01-29.
TORCS - The Open Racing Car Simulator
- A cross-platform 3D racing cars simulator using OpenGL. It can be used as an ordinary car racing game, an AI racing game, and as a research platform. Latest release is 1.40, 2010-04-05.
The cnet network simulator
- A network simulator which enables experimentation with various data-link layer, network layer, routing and transport layer networking protocols in networks consisting of any combination of point-to-point links and IEEE 802.3 Ethernet segments. Latest release is 2.0.10, 2006-03-07.
- A general-purpose, virtualizer for x86 and and AMD64/Intel64 hardware. It is targeted for server, desktop and embedded use. Latest stable release is 4.0, 2010-12-22.
- A cross-platform application which provides hardware-accelerated 3D rendering capabilities to thin clients. Latest stable release is 2.0, 2007-01-07.
Welcome to OpenVZ
- An operating system-level server virtualization project built on Linux. It creates isolated, secure virtual private servers on a single physical server resulting in better server utilization and no conflict between applications. Latest release is 3.0.23, 2008-11-11.
Xen Virtual Machine Monitor
- A virtual machine monitor (VMM) for x86-compatible computers and can securely execute multiple virtual machines, each running its own operating system.
Xtrs - TRS-80 Model I/III/4 Emulator for Unix
- A Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I/III/4/4P emulator for Unix and the X Window System. It includes lower case, the real time clock, hi-res graphics, serial port, parallel printer, mouse, cassette, sound and music output (requires OSS), 5" and 8" floppy disk drives in single and double density, and even hard disk drives.
- A cross-platform Super Nintendo emulator program. Latest release is 1.51, 2007-01-24.