Accessibility - The Linux Foundation
- The Open Accessibility Group functions within the Linux Foundation to establish free and open standards that enable comprehensive universal access to various computing platforms, applications, and services.
Carrier Grade Linux - The Linux Foundation
- This working group has two main functions: 1) interact with network equipment providers and carriers to gather requirements and produce specifications that Linux distribution vendors can implement; and 2) take unimplemented requirements and foster development projects that will meet these requirements and assist in their upstream integration.
ConsortiumInfo.org - ODF vs. OOXML: War of the Words (an eBook)
- Andy Updegrove, a well-known standards guru and blogger, is the author of this eBook project which documents the history and process of the ODF (Open Document Format) vs. OOXML (the Microsoft answer to ODF). This is a work in progress. He invites people to share their knowledge and insight on this subject by posting comments publicly on his blog or via email. An invaluable resource on this important topic. (2007-2008)
Digistan - the Digital Standards Organization
- This organization was founded by a group of open standards professionals in 2007 with the goal of promoting customer choice, vendor competition, and overall growth in the global digital economy through the understanding, development, and adoption of open digital standards.
Officeshots: Test ODF Compatibility
- This is a valuable, new online service where end users and professionals can compare the output of different office suites for their own documents. This initiative will also help those writing code for these applications, which will strengthen the overall ODF ecosystem. This service is also available in Chinese, Dutch, French, and Spanish.
Open Archives Initiative
- Development and promotion of open, interoperability standards for dissemination of archival information.
- This is the official community gathering place and information resource for the OpenDocument Format (ODF) OASIS Standard(ISO/IEC 26300).
- A worldwide, non-profit, volunteer organization to promote the adoption, use and development of the OpenDocument format (ODF).
The freedesktop.org Homepage
- A free software project to work on interoperability and shared technology for desktop environments for the X Window System.
XHTML2 Working Group Home Page
- The W3C HTLM Working Group is charged with the task of creating the next HTML standard with the active participation of browser vendors, software developers, and content designers.