- This online zine is a student-run publication of the ACM (Association for Computing Machinery). It provides students with accessible articles on a wide range of computer science related topics and, as well, provides a forum for students to share their work with others. The articles are of interest to a much broader audience.
Directory of Open Access Journals
- The aim of this project is to increase the visibility and ease of use of open access scientific and scholarly journals thereby promoting their increased usage and impact.
- An Internet-only, peer-review journal about the Internet and global information infrastructure. The first issue appeared on 1996-05-06. No subscription fee and all back issues are available in the archives.
Free Software Magazine
- A monthly software magazine with in-depth articles about free software applications and political issues concerning free software.
- A magazine resource for Linux and Open Source in enterprise computing.
Linux Pro Magazine
- This Linux magazines has articles on a wide variety of subjects as well as news, reviews, and resources. It provides practical, hands-on information for both the Linux professional and home user.
Linux Productivity Magazine
- A Linux online magazine with each issue devoted to 1 topic. Some topics covered include: backups, IceWM, Lyx, Zope, VI and Vim, PostgreSQL, Perl Tk, the Picklist, Tripwire, IPTables, Gnumeric, UMENU, Perl, Gimp, a modern history of Linux, SpamAssassin, the Linux Desktop, and laptops.
- A magazine project sponsored by MyPCLinuxOS.com with articles primarily geared to those who are using the PCLinuxOS distribution. Available in an online version and downloadable PDF format.
PLoS - Public Library of Science
- This is a non-profit organization of scientists and physicians committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature a public resource. There are currently 7 online scientific and medical journals available on this site.
- Last issue volume 3(1); continued by The Python Papers.
The Python Papers
- A free e-journal, which includes academic and industry article onPython. There is a wide variety of content covering Python User Groups from around the world, conferences and other events, open source projects and the use of Python in commercial organisations. Continues Python Journal.
The phrack.com Homepage
- A hacker magazine by the community for the community; articles on a variety of tech issues including Linux as well as security issues.
Welcome to Linux.com: Your Source for All Thinks Linux
- This Linux and open source news and information portal has been newly reconsituted and vastly improved (in 2009) by the Linux Foundation. It's a site for the community and by the community, and is dedicated to being one of the primary sites to visit for informed, reasonable, and intelligent Linux and open source information, software, documentation, and news covering the breadth and width of Linux from the server and desktop, netbooks, to the mobile and embedded areas.