- A 64-bit Linux distribution tailor-made for audio and multimedia workers and enthusiasts, complete with a low-latency kernel and an up-to-date selection of Linux sound, music, and video applications. Latest stable release is 2.0, 2008-06-03.
Beyond Linux From Scratch
- A project with the aim of assisting Linux From Scratch (LFS) users to go beyond the base system. Available in Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish.
Beyond Linux From Scratch (BLFS) Book -- Online Book
- This book continues the Linux From Scratch book; includes information on networking, X support, sound support and printer and scanner support; also available in French, Italian, Russian, and Spanish. (2007)
EnGarde Secure Linux :: Welcome!
- A secure distribution of Linux engineered from the ground-up to provide organizations with the level of security required to create a corporate Web presence or even conduct e-business on the Web.
- A Linux-based, cloud-oriented social computing distribution designed for netbooks and other computers with limited disk storage, memory, and screen size. One of its strengths is that it can run on older computers.
Linux From Scratch
- Designed to be educational to install and use; instructions based on the Linux From Scratch (LFS) book.
Linux From Scratch - Online Book
- Derived from the popular Linux-From-Scratch-HOWTO, this book describes the process of creating a Linux system from scratch from an already installed Linux distribution, using nothing but the sources of software that are needed. (2005)
Qimo 4 Kids | Software For Kids
- Qimo is a desktop operating system designed for kids. It is based on Ubuntu and comes pre-installed with educational games for children aged 3 and up.
- This distribution emphasizes ease of management, configurability, and security in clusters. Rocks is based on the CentOS distribution.
- Skolelinux is the Debian-edu project's Custom Debian Distribution (CDD) which provides an out-of-the-box localised environment tailored for schools and universities. It comes with 75 applications aimed at schools, as well as 15 network services pre-configured for a school environment. Available in English, French, German, Norwegian, and Spanish.
Vinux - Linux for the Visually Impaired
- Vinux is a remastered version of Ubuntu optimized for the needs of blind and partially sighted users. It provides three screen readers, two full-screen magnifiers, global font-size and colour changing facilities, and out-of-the-box support for USB Braille displays.