ADIOS Live Linux Boot CD
- A Fedora-based live CD distribution that supports the KDE desktop environment for X windows, plus ICEwm for systems short of RAM. The primary objective of this project is to automate the download of operating systems in a laboratory environment using a web server.
- A Slackware-based, live CD Linux security distribution with 300+ security tools useful for tasks such as security audits and penetration testing. This distribution evolved from the merger Whax and Auditor Security Collection distributions. Latest stable release is 4.0, 2010-01-01. Also available in Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Crash Recovery Kit for Linux
- A system recovery disc for Linux and other systems; especially useful for hardware failures, backup over networks in the form of tar.gz tarballs, recovery of a misconfigured or hacked Linux system, and detecting versions and types of hardware.
Debian Live Project
- A Debian Live system is a Debian operating system that does not require a classical installer to use it. It comes on various media, including CD-ROM, USB sticks, or via netboot.
- A Debian-based desktop Linux distribution and live CD featuring the Enlightenment window manager; also known as Enlightenment live CD.
KNOPPIX - Live Linux Filesystem On CD/DVD
- A Debian-based bootable live system on CD or DVD, consisting of a representative collection of GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. Site available in many languages.
Linux Mobile System
- A full Linux system within a USB Flash Memory Drive; bootable from any 1386-based PC; site available in English and Spanish.
Live Linux Gaming
- A Linux gaming live distribution based on Arch Linux. Simply boot and play. The latest version comes with ~34 games. This project looks like just the ticket for Linux gamers.
- News and links to reviews of live CD distributions.
MEPIS -- Simply Desktop Linux
- A Debian-based live CD distribution; easy-to-use desktop Linux distro which comes loaded with applications including KDE, Mozilla Firefox, and Scribus.
- MeeGo merges two mobile Linux projects, Moblin (Intel) and Maemo (Nokia). It currently targets platforms such as netbooks/entry-level desktops, handheld computing and communications devices, in-vehicle infotainment devices, connected TVs, and media phones.
Mepis Lovers Forums
- A Mepis users help site. The forums cover the following categories: help, HOWTOs, scripts and packages, general information, and non-English forums.
- This is an optimized Linux-based platform for mobile devices including Netbooks, Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs),and In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems.
- Three small, related Linux CD distributions that allow the user to boot from a CD and play multimedia files through the MPlayer. A multilingual site.
- A Knoppix-based, multilingual distribution with a 100% free (as in freedom) multimedia operating system intended for music production, graphic design, audio and video editing.
Network Security Toolkit (NST)
- This bootable ISO live CD/DVD (NST Live) is based on Fedora. The toolkit was designed to provide easy access to best-of-breed open source network security applications for most x86/x86_64 platforms. Latest stable release is 2.13.0, 2010-10-06.
- A live CD based on the Mandriva distribution; can be used as a Linux demo, a system rescue disc, and also can serve as a general purpose desktop.
- A 40 MB live CD/USB/PXE (Preboot Execution Environment) distribution primarily designed for partitioning hard drives. It also can be used for system rescue, and includes an extensive collection of filesystem tools.
- A live CD Linux distribution with a vast collection of open source security tools.
- A mini distribution and live CD designed to run efficiently on hardware with 256 MB of RAM. It provides a full-featured desktop or server in less than 30MB. It's particularly suitable for netbook computers. Also available in Chinese, German, French, Indonesian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- This is the ultimate, cross-platform system rescue power tool based on the Gentoo distribution, and comes with tons of features for every eventuality. Also available in French and Spanish.
The grml.org Homepage
- A live-CD based on Knoppix and Debian with a collection of software primarily for system administrators; includes automatic hardware detection, crash recovery, and network/system analysis tools. Latest stable release is 2.10.12, 2010-12.31
Tiny Core Linux
- Tiny Core Linux is a small (10 MB) minimal Linux desktop. It is based on Linux the 2.6 kernel, BusyBox, Tiny X, FLTK graphical user interface, and flwm window manager, running entirely in memory.
- A Linux live-DVD, multilingual (English and German) distribution based on Gentoo that starts as a bootable media using Knoppix technology. It uses KDE as the default desktop environment, and includes a wide variety of free and open source software applications.
- UNetbootin (Universal Netboot Installer) is a cross-platform utility that can create live USB systems and can load a variety of system utilities or install various Linux distributions and other operating systems without a CD.
Working Centre Linux Project
- A Debian-based distribution specifically for older, low-powered, refurbished computers; comes with cheap or free, legal software, specifically geared to new computer users or those who have only used a Windows environment.
- A Slackware-based distribution (formerly Minislack) which focuses on Internet applications, multimedia and coding tools with minimal hardware requirements; based on the XFCE desktop environment. Latest stable release is 6.4, 2010-05-27.