- BusyBox combines tiny versions of many common UNIX utilities into a single small executable. Known as the Swiss Army Knife of embedded Linux. Latest stable release is 1.15.2, 2009-10-08.
- A Linux distribution for embedded systems. It is an appliance development kit (ADK) especially designed for embedded system developers and advanced users
- A software framework to create Linux distributions aimed for, but not restricted to, embedded devices. It supports many hardware architectures, cross-compiles 1000's of packages including GTK+, Qt, and the X Windows system, and it's easy to customize.
RTLinux - Real Time Linux
- RTLinux is an extension of Linux to a Real-time operating system; available as a free and a commercial version from FSMLabs.
The Angstrom Distribution | Embedded Power
- A user-friendly distribution for a variety of embedded devices such as handhelds,set-top boxes and network-attached storage devices. This project continues the OpenEmbedded, OpenZaurus, and OpenSimpad projects.