Custom Desktop Solutions -- FOSS Advocacy
- Custom Desktop Solutions advocates, promotes, and installs Free/Open Source Software computing infrastructure to technically empower the small to medium-sized businesses. This site contains a wealth of information about all aspects of Linux and FOSS.
Debian GNU/Linux -- Consultants
- A list of people who make at least part of their income from doing paid support for Debian. Organized by country and available in many languages.
- An online store specializing in Debian distributions and merchandise. A portion of each sale is donated to Debian.
- Developers of wireless LAN and WLAN software for Linux. Website also available in Japanese.
DisklessWorkstations.Com - Welcome
- Company started as an offshoot to the Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) and now provides hardware and software solutions using LTSP/Linux as the foundation.
- A Spanish Linux company specializing in consulting, installation, technical support of servers, VPN & LAN - primarily for medium to large enterprises. Website available in Catalan, English, and Spanish.
- An Internet publishing label for independent games and game developers; a variety of Linux games are available.
Groovix from Open Sense Solutions
- Linux systems for business, home and kiosk/public access use; desktop and notebook computers are pre-installed with customized Ubuntu GNU/Linux software.
Gumstix Developer Website
- A company that produces small single-board computers. Gumstix COMs (computer-on-module) are tiny, open source platforms that can jump-start the development, proof of concept and production of any embedded device. They run on Linux and use the OpenEmbedded build environment.
- An online store specializing on open, small, handheld Linux devices.
Mozdev Group, Inc.
- A Mozilla software company which services all Mozilla-based technologies.
- The official store for Mozilla, Thunderbird, and Firefox merchandise.
- A world-wide directory of companies that sell computers free of any proprietary operating systems. For people who like to say "No Thanks" to these systems.
OLPC - One Laptop per Child
- The mission of this non-profit association (One Laptop Per Child) is to develop a low-cost laptop - the "$100 Laptop" - a technology that could revolutionize how we educate the world's children. Their goal is to provide children around the world with new opportunities to explore, experiment, and express themselves. Website also available in German. In 2008 this project lost its way somewhat when they announced plans to collaborate with Microsoft.
Open Enterprise Solutions
- A British Columbia (Canada)-based Linux and open source solutions provider with a focus on turnkey server solutions for small to medium sized businesses as well as the home user.
- Use search engine in each category to find Linux projects.
- Pixel Qi was started in 2008 by Mary Lou Jepsen, former CTO of the OLPC Project, and inventor of the sunlight-readable display technology. The company is currently pursuing the $75 laptop, while also aiming to bring sunlight-readable, low-cost, and low-power screens into mainstream laptops, cellphones and digital cameras.
Roaring Penguin Software
- A Canadian-based, software company specializing in anti-spam software; offers both commercial software and GPLed software (free for downloading). Website also available in German and Spanish.
SCN Consulting UK
- Linux migration consultants; specializes working with non-profit organizations.
Secure Managed Desktops | Userful
- A Calgary (Alberta, Canada)-based company specializing in low-cost turnkey solutions for public access terminals using Linux; for libraries, internet cafes and onsite events.
- A website for all things Slackware; Slackware distributions, books, and novelty items.
- An online media, software and e-commerce leader in community-driven Open Source innovation. SourceForge is best known for SourceForge.net, the world's largest open source software development and distribution environment. It also runs a number of well-known Linux and open source websites including Slashdot, Freshmeat, Linux.com, Newsforge,ThinkGeek.com, and ITManagersJournal.
- This Linux-only company provides and supports Ubuntu pre-installed laptops, desktops, and servers with a commitment to the ideals of open source software. Ships to Canada and the U.S. only.
ThinkGeek :: Stuff for Smart Masses
- A U.S.-based online store featuring all manner of computer/geek merchandise including apparel (t-shirts and the like),gadgets, books, electronics, caffeine products, and stuff for the home and office.
- A Berkeley, California (USA)-based Linux OEM that delivers custom-built Ubuntu laptops, desktops, as well as Linux books, and gear. Ships internationally. According to CEO, Cathy Malmrose, a screwdriver is included with each order to send an important message. "That little screwdriver is supposed to communicate that we respect people's ownership of their new laptop or desktop and we respect their intelligence to be able to modify it."